Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What was most interesting about this week's dissections?

  For this week, the most interesting dissection is the crayfish because I enjoy to see the different parts of the crayfish, and the most interesting part is to identify all the organs of the crayfish.  In addition, I also use the scissors to cut through body of the crayfish and take off the carapaces of the crayfish.  I counted the number of the gills inside the crayfish, and I cut all the legs and claws off from its body.  In order to see the whole body of the crayfish, I take off all the body segments from the crayfish and use the dissecting needle to touch every organ inside the crayfish's body.  Another thing that surprises me is that the vessel system of the crayfish since the blood stream is filled all over the body of the crayfish.  Although I eat the crayfish all the time, I never realize the interesting things that inside the body of the crayfish.  After the dissection of the crayfish, I carefully examine the whole body system of the crayfish and sketch out the basic anatomy of the crayfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment